Winter temperatures are here and Xcel Energy is offering some money saving advice that will also save energy.
* They say have a heating professional tune up your furnace to make sure it's heating efficiently.
* Replace your furnace filter every two months during heating season.
* Lower your thermostat around five degrees when your sleeping.
* Setting your water heater temperatures at 120 degrees; for every 10 degrees you lower it, you’ll save you $10 per person on your bill.
* Water saving showerheads can save $10 to $20 per person, per year.
* Closing the flue when your fireplace isn't being used will save money.
* And the one the wastes the most money: air leaks. Use caulking or weather stripping to seal leaks around doors and windows.