Join us in the KKCO 11 News kitchen with local authors of "Green Eggs and Let's Get Hammered" making Guinness Irish Stew. This delicious stew is a recipe from a new upcoming book sure to be filled with many great new recipes.
- 2 lbs red potatoes, quartered
- 4 carrots, cut into chunks
- 2 celery stalks, cut into chunks
- 2 bay leaves
- 3 lbs chuck or round steak, cut into cubes
- 1/4 C flour, salt and pepper for dredging
- 3 T olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 4 cloves, minced
- 8 oz mushrooms, halved
- 1 15 oz can of tomato sauce
- 1 can beef broth
- 1 envelope Lipton Onion Soup mix
-1 t dried thyme
- 1/2 t oregano
- 1/2 t marjoram
- 1 t basil
-1 t salt
- 1 bottle Guinness Stout
- Place potatoes, carrots, and celery in the bottom of a slow cooker.
- Top with the bay leaves.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Season the flour with salt and pepper.
- Dredge beef in flour mixture. Brown in the skillet in batches, adding oil, if necessary. Remove beef and set aside.
- Add meat and mushrooms to the vegetables on the slow cooker
- Mix together the remaining beef broth, tomato sauce, onion soup mix and seasonings.
- Pour on top of meat and mushrooms.
- Add Guinness.
- Cook for 8 to 10 hours on low.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.