Join us in the KKCO 11 News Kitchen with local authors of "Green Eggs and Let's Get Hammered" and a special guest for an award winning chili. Glenn's Magic Chili is delicious and as with most of their recipes offers an creative twist to add some spice for your taste buds.
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 2 lbs maple smoked bacon, chopped into 1 inch squares
- 2 big cans stewed tomatoes (2 X 28oz)
- 2 big cans red kidney beans (2 X 28oz)
- 1 jar salsa (13oz), pick your desired heat
- 1/2 t salt, pepper, and garlic powder
- 1/4 C sugar
- In a large soup pot over medium heat mix stewed tomatoes, kidney beans, salsa and seasonings.
- In large frying pan brown beef. Add to large pot.
- In large frying pan add chopped bacon. Cook bacon until it is almost burned. Use slotted spoon to remove bacon & add to large pot.
- Stew for at least 1 hour. But 2 or more hours is better.
- Add 1/4 C sugar half hour before serving.