Join us in the KKCO 11 News kitchen with the Il Bistro Italiano making a delicious Italian meal. To enjoy the smells of what was cooking in the kitchen you can check out their restaurant. For more details on the meal and how to make it in your own home enjoy our weekly interview.
PASTA CON POLLO E PESTO - Pasta with chicken and basil pesto
For 4 people:
1 # of pasta
2 Tbsp extra virgini olive oil
1.5 lbs chicken breast
2 Tbsp chopped garlic
2 Cups dry white wine
1 Cup cream (or half and half)
1/2 Cup basil pesto
Salt to taste
Parmesan cheese to taste
1. Dice the chicken breast.
2. Bring a large pot of salted water to boil.
3. In a large saute pan, heat the olive oil and then brown the chicken for a minute or so, stirring often so that it doesn't burn.
4. Add the garlic and cook for another minute.
5. Add the white wine and cream and cook to reduce to sauce consistency, about 5-6 minutes.
6. Meanwhile, cook the pasta to "al dente" and drain.
7. Add the pesto to the chicken and quickly stir it in, add the hot drained pasta, mix it well with the sauce and serve immediately with parmesan cheese if desidered.