Join us in the KKCO 11 News kitchen with local authors of "Green Eggs and Let's Get Hammered" making a tasty appetizer. These fast, easy and delicious treats are sure to be a hit at any get together. Check out the interview to see how to make them and where you can get your cookbook. There will also be an upcoming book signing here in town.
- 3/4 C tomatoes, diced and drained
- 2 t onions, diced
- 1/2 t basil
- 1/4 t salt
- 1/8 t pepper
- 1/8 t garlic powder
- 1 pkg sm phyllo shells (15 shells)
- 1/2 C packed mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/4 C mayonnaise
- 4 pieces of bacon, cooked and crumbled
- parchment paper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Allow diced tomatoes to drain. Then mix in onions, basil, salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Toss.
- Stir mozzarella and mayonnaise together.
- Fill each shell with 1/4 T of tomato mixture.
- Top tomato mixture with 1/4 T of mozzarella mixture.
- Top mozzarella mixture with bacon bits.
- Bake filled shells for 15 minutes.