Join us in the KKCO 11 News kitchen with local authors of "Green Eggs and Let's Get Hammered" making a super yummy breakfast cake. They also had a special surprise in store for Bernie. For the delicious Blueberry sausage breakfast cake recipe look below and check out the interview. For more great recipes look for their book online and at local stores here in Grand Junction.
- 1/2 C butter, softened
- 3/4 C sugar
- 1/4 C brown sugar, packed
- 2 eggs
- 2 C all-purpose flour
- 1 t baking powder
- 1/2 t baking soda
- 1 C sour cream
- 2 lbs bulk pork sausage or 1 1/2 lbs Boulder hot sausage , cooked and drained
- 1 C fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1/2 C pecans, chopped
- 1/2 C sugar
- 2 T cornstarch
- 1/2 C water
- 2 C fresh or frozen blueberries
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugars.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Combine flour, baking powder, and baking soda; add alternately with sour cream to mixture, beating well after each addition.
- Fold in sausage and blueberries.
- Pour into a greased 13"X19" baking pan. Sprinkle with pecans.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35 to 40 minutes or until cake tests done.
- For sauce, combine sugar and cornstarch in a saucepan.
- Add water and blueberries. Cook and stir until thick and bubbly. Spoon over individual servings.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.