Join us in the KKCO 11 News kitchen with the local author of "Green Eggs and Let's Get Hammered and special guest. This fantastic recipe gives an oriental twist to coleslaw.
- 1 head of cabbage, shredded
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 3/4 C sliced almonds
- 1/2 C sesame seeds
- 2 packages Ramen noodles, broken into small pieces
- Ramen seasoning packets
- 1/2 C butter
- 1 C oil
- 1/3 C rice vinegar
- 1/4 C sugar
- 1 1/2 t salt
- 2 t Accent
- 1 t pepper
- In a large serving bowl mix cabbage and green onions. Set aside.
- In a medium size sauce pan over medium high heat, saute and brown lightly the almonds, sesame seeds, Ramen noodles and butter. Set aside and cool.
- Add Ramen seasoning packets to browned mixture and mix.
- In medium mixing bowl combine oil, rice vinegar, sugar, salt, Accent, and pepper.
- Combine all three mixtures just before serving.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or email@example.com.