Grilled Chipotle Peach Salsa
Yield: 4 cups
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 8 minutes
•6 firm, ripe peaches
•2 shallots, peeled
•1 red bell pepper, seeds removed
•2 teaspoons oil
•1 large garlic clove, minced
•1-2 chipotle peppers, canned in adobo sauce
•2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
•1 tablespoons honey (if needed)
•Salt and Pepper
1. Preheat the grill to medium. Cut each peach into 4 thick slices. Cut the shallots in half and the pepper in quarters. Lay the peaches, shallots and peppers on a baking sheets and toss with a little oil.
2. Carefully place the peaches, shallots and peppers on the grill. Grill the peaches 1-2 minutes per side until nice grill marks have formed, but the peaches are still firm. Grill the shallots and pepper 2-4 minutes per side. Remove and cool.
3. Chop the peaches, shallots and peppers into small ¼ inch chunks and place them in a bowl.
4. Mince the chipotle peppers, then add them to the bowl along with the minced garlic, cilantro, the juice of 1 lime and honey.
5. Mix well and salt and pepper to taste. For a "saucier" salsa, puree half the peaches with the lime juice then, mix with the rest.