Arrow lands in family swimming pool

By: KKCO Email
By: KKCO Email

GRAND JUNCTION, Colo (KKCO) It happened around 11 am Saturday morning. Kristy Leino says she was outside of her home on 15th when her daughter noticed an arrow in their pool. She says it's a metal arrow, and it could have killed her two year old or five year old kids if they had been in the pool. Now she wants some answers.

"This is my home. I have my kids out here playing on their playset, everything else out here; can I have my kids out here and be safe? Now I'm going to question that big time because was this intentional or was this an accident? I don't know, but I'm going to definitely be wondering if I'm safe in my own yard anymore," says Leino.

Leino says the Grand Junction Police Department responded to the incident, but said it will be difficult to trace the person who shot it because of the distance an arrow can travel.

• by Anonymous on Jul 23, 2012 at 06:05 AM
    It turned out it wasnt a arrow. The women was in her bathing suit showing alittle to much pork. Her neighbor seeing this, got his harpoon and took a shot, hoping to get the whale back in the water.
  • by Anonymous on Jul 23, 2012 at 04:25 AM
    I used to be an adventurer like them, then I took an arrow in the knee.
  • by For the Record Location: Grand Junction on Jul 22, 2012 at 06:51 PM
    I shot an arrow into the air, where it lands I know not where. Thank you 11 news for finding it and destroying my childhood nursery rime.
  • by Anonymous on Jul 22, 2012 at 04:16 PM
    It's not that it's so far, it's just that Camper doesn't have the staff. They are all out babysitting the "homeless". We need to clean house at GJ City. City Manager and department heads need to go.
  • by Kristy Location: grand junction on Jul 22, 2012 at 11:11 AM
    Well, to the other person that found the arrow please do call the police. Some one is either being extremeely careless or just seeing what may happen. No this is not a gun going off and is not getting the same responce as a gun being shot. This is a deadly weapon that is being shot off in a residential neighborhood. Imagine being out in your yard and getting hit by a stray arrow!! I am by 15th and close to Orchard, so if you are close call the police!! It was a Cabellas arrow with a metal tip. This is scary 2 stray arrows is not an accident!
  • by justice2 Location: gj on Jul 22, 2012 at 10:20 AM
    The GJ police said it would be difficult to trace the shooter because of the distance an arrow can travel? Two or three hundred yards is too far to walk for a doughnut eater. Good police work Camper.
      by Anonymous on Jul 23, 2012 at 04:23 AM in reply to justice2
      Hey, fancy seeing the President of Camper's fan club here yet again.
  • by Curious hick on Jul 22, 2012 at 09:34 AM
    There are a lot of bow hunters practicing in their backyards right now getting ready for the seasno. I have one next door to me, they are out there every evening and weekends shooting none stop. They don't shoot toward my yard but I sure wouldn't want to be on the other side of the fence behind their targets.
  • by Paleface on Jul 22, 2012 at 05:07 AM
    Run for your life, its a Indian Uprising.
  • by Kuddly Koala on Jul 21, 2012 at 08:21 PM
    Just another person imitating a movie: The Hunger Games. Hollywood needs to make money, why are you complaining. If Hollywood doesn't make a lot of money, they can't make big donations to Obama and other Democrats.
  • by Kuddly Koala on Jul 21, 2012 at 08:21 PM
  • Page:

Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 163307596 - nbc11news.com/a?a=163307596