1 cup lukewarm milk
2 (.25 ounce) packages active dry yeast
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 cups grated Romano cheese
1/4 cup butter, melted
1. In a small bowl, stir together milk and yeast; set aside.
2. In a separate bowl, combine flour, eggs, yeast mixture, cheese and butter; mix well.
3. Spoon batter into two lightly greased 9x5 inch loaf pans.
4. Let rise until doubled, about 60 minutes.
5. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 350 deg. Bake in preheated oven for 35 to 45 minutes, until golden brown and bottom of loaf sounds hollow when tapped.
This is a simplified version of a traditional Italian Easter Bread which is served with ham and cheese.