Unsafe Chimney Blamed For Fruitvale Fire

The Clifton Fire Department responded to a house fire at 592 East Valley Court in Fruitvale Saturday night. The fire broke out in the home's chimney just after 9:00.

When firefighters arrived on scene the flames had spread to the attic. The fire was under control within an hour but not before smoke damaged the house extensively. Assistant Fire Chief Greg Martin says two people and the family's dog were inside the home at the time of the fire. No injuries were reported.


KKCO NBC 11 News 2531 Blichmann Avenue Grand Junction, CO 81505 Station Phone: 970.243.1111 Business Fax: 970.243.1770 Newsroom Fax: 970.245.3793 News Tip & Contest Line: 970.255.8477
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 11799851