An Orchard Mesa home catches fire, but luckily no one is injured.
The fire happened at about 8:15 p.m. Sunday night at 1930 Palmer Street.
Officials with the Grand Junction Fire Department say the resident noticed the ceiling was on fire and grabbed her two dogs and got out. The woman's cat hasn't been found.. but officials don't believe its dead they think it may be hiding.
Firefighters had to cut a hole through the roof of the home to locate the blaze. Officials believe it started in the attic and may have been electrical but are still investigating.
Because the home was so badly damaged the American Red Cross was called out to help the family find a place to stay. Damage to the home is estimated between $40,000 and $60,000.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.