13 kids hospitalized after visiting hotel pool

By: Associated Press Email
By: Associated Press Email

GRAND JUNCTION, Colo. Thirteen children were briefly hospitalized Monday after complaining of burning eyes and itchy throats after swimming in a hotel pool.

The boys and girls were aged 6 to 17. All swallowed water from a pool Sunday at a Homewood Suites near Denver International Airport.

KUSA-TV reports that the kids were released an hour later and that all are fine. They were back at the hotel Monday. The kids belong to a Young Marines group visiting from Delaware.

The pool was closed Monday. The Denver health department says chlorine levels in the pool were a little ow, but they're not sure if that's what made the kids sick.

Other people in the pool were not affected.

The general manager of the hotel says they've never had any issues like this.


KKCO firmly believes in freedom of speech for all and we are happy to provide this forum for the community to share opinions and facts. We ask that commenters keep it clean, keep it truthful, stay on topic and be responsible. Comments left here do not necessarily represent the viewpoint of KKCO 11News.

powered by Disqus
KKCO NBC 11 News 2531 Blichmann Avenue Grand Junction, CO 81505 Station Phone: 970.243.1111 Business Fax: 970.243.1770 Newsroom Fax: 970.245.3793 News Tip & Contest Line: 970.255.8477
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 271850621 - nbc11news.com/a?a=271850621