Two houses under construction go up in flames and now deputies are investigating the fires as arson.
Just before 8:30 a.m. Saturday the Clifton Fire Department received reports that two homes were on fire in the 500 block of Autumn Breeze
Construction crews nearby were able to put most of the flames out before firefighters arrived.
Investigators believe someone pushed kerosene heaters up against a wall in one of the houses, starting the fire and now the Mesa County Sheriff's Office is investigating.
The total damage is estimated at about $55,000 dollars.
If you have any information about these fires call Crime Stoppers at 970-241-STOP.
KKCO firmly believes in freedom of speech for all and we are happy to provide this forum for the community to share opinions and facts. We ask that commenters keep it clean, keep it truthful, stay on topic and be responsible. Comments left here do not necessarily represent the viewpoint of KKCO 11News.powered by Disqus