300 Church Goers Evacuated After Smoke Spotted

By: Natalie Pallone Email
By: Natalie Pallone Email

Smoke alarms disrupt service at a Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints building and hundreds are evacuated.

At about one o'clock Sunday afternoon church goers heard smoke alarms and saw heavy smoke coming from a hallway. About 300 people were evacuated and services were cancelled while the Grand Junction Fire Department investigated.

Fire fighters say an overheated furnace was to blame for the smoke and they shut it down. No one was injured and damage is minimal.


KKCO NBC 11 News 2531 Blichmann Avenue Grand Junction, CO 81505 Station Phone: 970.243.1111 Business Fax: 970.243.1770 Newsroom Fax: 970.245.3793 News Tip & Contest Line: 970.255.8477
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 13488757