Mobile Home Explodes in Intentional Fire

By: KKCO - Email
By: KKCO - Email

Fire crews are saying someone intentionally caused a mobile home to explode early Wednesday morning.

That home was at 317 W. 8th Street in Palisade. Palisade Fire Chief Richard Rupp says one person was inside the mobile home at the time, but that he's okay.

61-year-old Howard Keown cut a gas line connected to his water heater in an attempt to suffocate himself. Somehow a spark ignited, and the house exploded.

The home, which belongs to Great Homes, is a total loss. Evacuees from nearby homes have been allowed to go back inside their mobile homes.

The fire was contained to the home itself. The fire department is still investigating the explosion.


KKCO NBC 11 News 2531 Blichmann Avenue Grand Junction, CO 81505 Station Phone: 970.243.1111 Business Fax: 970.243.1770 Newsroom Fax: 970.245.3793 News Tip & Contest Line: 970.255.8477
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 13835242 - nbc11news.com/a?a=13835242