Fire crews are saying someone intentionally caused a mobile home to explode early Wednesday morning.
That home was at 317 W. 8th Street in Palisade. Palisade Fire Chief Richard Rupp says one person was inside the mobile home at the time, but that he's okay.
61-year-old Howard Keown cut a gas line connected to his water heater in an attempt to suffocate himself. Somehow a spark ignited, and the house exploded.
The home, which belongs to Great Homes, is a total loss. Evacuees from nearby homes have been allowed to go back inside their mobile homes.
The fire was contained to the home itself. The fire department is still investigating the explosion.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.