Coroner: Carbon Monoxide Poisoning Killed Child and Grandfather

By: KKCO - Email
By: KKCO - Email


Carbon Monoxide Poisoning killed a 17–month–old Olathe boy and his grandfather according to the Montrose County Coroner.

The Montrose County Sheriff says the baby, Truett Simoens, and his 72–year–old grandfather, Julian Beamer, were found not breathing Saturday in Beamer's home. The boy's grandmother was hospitalized.

A reading for carbon monoxide levels within the house should they were quite a bit higher than normal officials say.

Montrose County Coroner Thomas Canfield says it was just a tragic accident.

The home did not have carbon monoxide detectors.


KKCO NBC 11 News 2531 Blichmann Avenue Grand Junction, CO 81505 Station Phone: 970.243.1111 Business Fax: 970.243.1770 Newsroom Fax: 970.245.3793 News Tip & Contest Line: 970.255.8477
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 13945267 - nbc11news.com/a?a=13945267