Candle Named Culprit in Hotel Fire

By: Kieran Wilson Email
By: Kieran Wilson Email

A candle is the culprit that started a fire in a room at the Grand Vista Hotel on Saturday, February 2nd.

Combustibles next to a candle on the nightstand caught fire and spread to the floor, the nightstand and the bed in Room 130. The room was occupied at the time of the fire, but no one was injured.

Fire officials say that the effectiveness of the sprinkler system helped keep the spread of the fire to a minimum. The original damage estimate has been reduced from $50,000 to $8,000. Most of the rooms at the Grand Vista are back in service.


KKCO firmly believes in freedom of speech for all and we are happy to provide this forum for the community to share opinions and facts. We ask that commenters keep it clean, keep it truthful, stay on topic and be responsible. Comments left here do not necessarily represent the viewpoint of KKCO 11News.

powered by Disqus
KKCO NBC 11 News 2531 Blichmann Avenue Grand Junction, CO 81505 Station Phone: 970.243.1111 Business Fax: 970.243.1770 Newsroom Fax: 970.245.3793 News Tip & Contest Line: 970.255.8477
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 15332631