Rebate Checks Require Tax Return

By: KKCO - Email
By: KKCO - Email

If you do not normally file a tax return you are going to need to this year in order to get your rebate check from the U.S. Government.

The IRS and several of its partners in the free file alliance are now accepting returns submitted by those who don't normally file for free. To obtain a payment, all people eligible must file a tax return from the 2007 tax period.

To qualify individuals and families must have at least three thousand dollars of income from any combination of earned income, social security, or disability benefits.

You must earn less than $54,000 to qualify.

Individuals who normally file returns can also use the free file option. Taxpayers who normally file a tax return and want to use Free File, should simply go to the main Free File page and click 'Start Now' to see a list of the 19 companies offering free preparation and electronic filing to the IRS.

KKCO firmly believes in freedom of speech for all and we are happy to provide this forum for the community to share opinions and facts. We ask that commenters keep it clean, keep it truthful, stay on topic and be responsible. Comments left here do not necessarily represent the viewpoint of KKCO 11News.

powered by Disqus
KKCO NBC 11 News 2531 Blichmann Avenue Grand Junction, CO 81505 Station Phone: 970.243.1111 Business Fax: 970.243.1770 Newsroom Fax: 970.245.3793 News Tip & Contest Line: 970.255.8477
Copyright © 2002-2015 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 16396436 -
Gray Television, Inc.