Dog Dies in House Fire, Three Displaced

By: Natalie Pallone Email
By: Natalie Pallone Email


A dog is dead after a fire broke out at a Grand Junction home Friday night.

The fire happened just before 6:00 p.m. at 1330 N. 22nd. When the Grand Junction Fire Department arrived on scene the house was fully engulfed in flames. Fire fighters fought the fire from inside the home and were able to knock it out in about 20 minutes.

No one was home during the fire except for a dog who didn't survive.

Officials say the fire may have started in the kitchen and then quickly spread to other parts of the home.

The American Red Cross will be helping the three people who live at the home.

Damage is estimated at $70,000.


KKCO NBC 11 News 2531 Blichmann Avenue Grand Junction, CO 81505 Station Phone: 970.243.1111 Business Fax: 970.243.1770 Newsroom Fax: 970.245.3793 News Tip & Contest Line: 970.255.8477
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 16406531