Brother: Man Blames Ricin for Illness

By  | 

San Diego (AP) A man hospitalized with respiratory ailments and failing kidneys believes he was contaminated by the deadly poison ricin that authorities found in his Las Vegas motel room last month.

Roger Bergendorff regained consciousness last week. He has told his younger brother in a phone conversation that he had no intention of endangering anyone with the poison.

Erich Bergendorff tells the Associated Press his brother said the ricin was easy to make. But Erich Bergendorff also says his brother was groggy when they spoke, so he's not sure whether his brother made the ricin himself or got it from someone else.

FBI investigators and Las Vegas police interviewed Roger Bergendorff in his hospital room Friday but have declined to comment on what he told them.



Related Stories