Two men are recovering from burns this morning after a fire sparked in an automotive repair shop. It happened at Affordable Automotive Services on Hill Avenue just off the I–70 business loop.
Firefighters say mechanics were taking a gas tank off of a vehicle to work on it. Vapors from that tank drifted to a pilot light on a furnace and ignited, causing a flash fire.
They were able to put it out before emergency crews got there.
The fire department says the flames caused $7,500 in damages.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.