In January a Montrose family lost their young son and step-father to carbon monoxide poisoning, now they're learning they've lost a battle to make those detectors mandatory.
Senate Bill 187 would have required all single and multi–family dwellings sold after July first to be equipped with the carbon monoxide detectors if there is a fuel–burning heater, fireplace, or attached garage.
The bill made it through one committee but failed on the second reading and never even made it to the official vote.
The senator who sponsored the bill says it's a good proposal that may be back next legislative session.
In January, Heather and Kirby Simeons they lost their 17 month old son Truett and their step–father, Julian Beamer, to carbon monoxide poisoning.
KKCO firmly believes in freedom of speech for all and we are happy to provide this forum for the community to share opinions and facts. We ask that commenters keep it clean, keep it truthful, stay on topic and be responsible. Comments left here do not necessarily represent the viewpoint of KKCO 11News.powered by Disqus
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.