Cigarette May To Be to Blame for Trailer Fire

By  | 

Firefighters say a cigarette is likely to blame for a fire that caused thousands of dollars worth of damage to a trailer home.

Just before 6:30 this evening, firefighters responded to 32 road in Clifton. Firefighters say the residents had tried putting out the fire with a bucket of water.

Crews were able to extinguish the blaze quickly.

The fire chief tells us everyone made it out of the trailer safely, but firefighters did have to rescue a very nervous cat.

Damage to the trailer is estimated at 5 thousand dollars.