Trash Sparks Brush Fire

By  | 

A fire in Whitewater scorched seven acres before officials were able to put it out.

Mesa County Sheriff's Office says debris from a trash fire is what sparked a fire that took officials nearly five hours to extinguish. The fire was at 7100 Kannah Creek Road. Officials say a 17-year-old boy lit the trash on fire before the wind picked up and fanned the flames across seven acres of land.
The house was threatened but not harmed.

Lands End Fire Department was the first responder; Mesa County Sheriff's Office and BLM were brought in to assist. No one was injured.




 
Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus