Investigators are still working to determine the exact cause of a fire that sends a Grand Junction family into the street today. Two people were in the home when they smelled smoke and called 9–1–1.
When Grand Junction Fire Department engines crews arrived they found light smoke coming from the attic vents. Firefighters chopped a hole in the roof and discovered hot spots and burning 2x4's near a chimney fed by a fireplace and furnace.
Damage to the structure ranges from five to ten thousand dollars. Fire department officials say the origin could be electrical a problem with the flue or other unknown causes.
© KKCO NBC 11 News - All Rights Reserved
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or email@example.com.