Investigators say a 16–year–old boy is responsible for starting the fire in the 500 Block of G Road Tuesday that caused $50,000 worth of damage.
According to the Grand Junction Fire Department, the teen used a lighter to ignite a piece of foam insulation on a flat bed trailer. The fire spread to the ground, consumed a shed and attached garage.
Fire officials say charges are pending for the boy.
He was released to his parents.
Because he is a juvenile his name is not being released.
KKCO firmly believes in freedom of speech for all and we are happy to provide this forum for the community to share opinions and facts. We ask that commenters keep it clean, keep it truthful, stay on topic and be responsible. Comments left here do not necessarily represent the viewpoint of KKCO 11News.powered by Disqus