3 drugged after eating purported pot-free candy

By: Newsroom Email
By: Newsroom Email

DENVER, Colo. Three people say they were drugged after eating a chocolate bar that wasn't supposed to have marijuana in it at the Denver County Fair's new pot pavilion.

Fair spokeswoman Dana Cain says at least two of the people went to the hospital and tested positive for THC.

Richard Jones of Arvada told KMGH-TV that he became sweaty and nauseous after eating the Full Melt chocolate bar and thought he might be having a stroke or a heart attack. He says hospital tests showed he had 100 nanograms of THC in his system, about 20 times the legal driving limit.

Vendor LivWell says it's investigating. If marijuana really was in the bars, the company says it was put there without its knowledge.


KKCO firmly believes in freedom of speech for all and we are happy to provide this forum for the community to share opinions and facts. We ask that commenters keep it clean, keep it truthful, stay on topic and be responsible. Comments left here do not necessarily represent the viewpoint of KKCO 11News.

powered by Disqus
KKCO NBC 11 News 2531 Blichmann Avenue Grand Junction, CO 81505 Station Phone: 970.243.1111 Business Fax: 970.243.1770 Newsroom Fax: 970.245.3793 News Tip & Contest Line: 970.255.8477
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 270375651 - nbc11news.com/a?a=270375651