Montrose Man Burned in Home Explosion Improving

A Montrose man who was inside his home when it exploded last week is doing better.

Lewis Willson has been upgraded from critical to fair condition.

Montrose fire officials say there was a propane gas leak in Willson's home when he lit a cigarette and ignited the explosion.

Willson is recovering in the burn unit at Northern Colorado Medical center in Greeley.


KKCO firmly believes in freedom of speech for all and we are happy to provide this forum for the community to share opinions and facts. We ask that commenters keep it clean, keep it truthful, stay on topic and be responsible. Comments left here do not necessarily represent the viewpoint of KKCO 11News.

powered by Disqus
KKCO NBC 11 News 2531 Blichmann Avenue Grand Junction, CO 81505 Station Phone: 970.243.1111 Business Fax: 970.243.1770 Newsroom Fax: 970.245.3793 News Tip & Contest Line: 970.255.8477
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 30538709 - nbc11news.com/a?a=30538709