Burned Dog Stable, But Not Yet Out of The Woods

Bobo, at a Wheat Ridge hospital
By  | 

Lakewood, Colo. (AP) A 6-year-old Yorkshire Terrier burned on a stove in a Lakewood apartment is recovering at an animal hospital as his owner remains behind bars accused of arson and cruelty to animals.

The dog, named Bobo, suffered burns over 50 percent of his body Sunday after he was tied up with speaker wire and placed on top of a burning telephone book on a lit burner on a stove.

Wheat Ridge animal hospital veterinarian Dr. Elisa Mazzaferro says the dog is in stable condition, but doctors are concerned about possible internal injuries caused by heat from the fire.

Dozens of callers have inquired about adopting the animal.

Thirty-eight-year-old Tanya Martin is in custody at the Jefferson County jail on $10,000 bond on suspicion of fourth-degree arson and animal cruelty.

Post Your Comments