A flash fire ignited early this morning at an oil drilling site sending two workers to the hospital.
A crew of six energy field workers were working on a oil well in a rural area of Silt when static electricity built up, causing a dangerous blaze.
Two workers were transported via Care Flight from Grand River Hospital in Rifle, to St. Mary's in Grand Junction.
Officials say one of the victims suffered burns over most of his body. The injuries to the other worker are unknown.
The rifle fire department had the fire extinguished in about two hours.
Designed by Gray Digital Media