Clifton Home Catches Fire

The fire was contained to the home and did not threaten any other structures.

Once on scene, authorities were able to quickly extinguish the fire.
Damage to the home is estimated at $15,000.

Authorities say no one was home at the time, but a dog inside the home was killed when it was overcome by smoke. Officials say it appears the fire started in front of a furnace because clothes were placed in front of the unit.

Authorities want to remind people not place any materials that could potentially catch fire near gas or propane appliances.


KKCO NBC 11 News 2531 Blichmann Avenue Grand Junction, CO 81505 Station Phone: 970.243.1111 Business Fax: 970.243.1770 Newsroom Fax: 970.245.3793 News Tip & Contest Line: 970.255.8477
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 4625256 - nbc11news.com/a?a=4625256