A fire sweeps the kitchen of a Grand Junction apartment today, but fortunately no injuries are reported.
Grand Junction firefighters arrived at the apartment complex at 2828 Orchard Avenue just before noon to find smoke coming from the eaves of the building. Upon entering the apartment they found kitchen cabinets surrounding a stove on fire.
Captain Jamie Richardson says it's thought something may have been left on a hot stove, but the investigation is ongoing. "The knobs on the stove are melted, so we're trying to find out what was turned on and what was off on the stove."
Damages are estimated at 75–hundred dollars and was limited to the one apartment. The people living in that apartment are being moved to another apartment at this time.