A Clifton man is dead after a fire rips through his home. According to the autopsy, 45 year old, Alan \Wells, died from carbon monoxide inhalation.
Just after mid–night a Mesa County Sheriff Deputy was on regular patrol when he spotted flames coming from 3192 Bookcliff Avenue.
After trying to enter the home himself, the deputy reported the blaze to the Clifton Volunteer Fire Department, who responded within minutes.
Assistant Clifton Fire Department Chief, Greg Martin says, "Our initial response was to suppress the fire and we sent in a second crew into the house to look for victims. That second crew did come across that victim and because he was deceased we just left him there and reported this to the sheriff's department. Then we continued our investigation. "
Officials believe the fire was electrical and possibly caused from a lamp that was found laying on the carpet.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or email@example.com.