According to the Clifton Fire Department, the homeowner called 911 around 10:00 a.m. after he smelled smoke for more than an hour.
The man had been changing his circuit breakers, and assumed the smell came from an electrical short. Fire officials say this indeed was the case. Officials said the short caused the insulation in the attic to smolder. Although there was no smoke damage, fire officials estimate they caused about $10,000 in damage to a part of the ceiling which they had to lower in order to get access to the source.
No injuries were reported.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.