Smoldering Embers Ignite House Fire

Authorities say ashes from a fire place caused an early morning fire at a Fruita home.

The fire at 465 Amelia Rose Court started just before 1:00 a.m. Officers with the Fruita Police Department were the first to arrive on scene and helped evacuate everyone inside.

When fire crews arrived on scene they found the fire had spread up the front of the garage and into the attic above the kitchen. A nearby trailer also caught fire destroying two motorcycles and two four–wheelers.

Firefighters used an aggressive salvage technique and quickly covered the floors and furniture in the home before tearing down the kitchen ceiling to knock down the blaze.

According to the Lower Valley Fire Department the flames were ignited by embers that were thrown away outside on Saturday.


KKCO NBC 11 News 2531 Blichmann Avenue Grand Junction, CO 81505 Station Phone: 970.243.1111 Business Fax: 970.243.1770 Newsroom Fax: 970.245.3793 News Tip & Contest Line: 970.255.8477
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 5812341 - nbc11news.com/a?a=5812341