Three elementary school students are taken to the hospital after accidentally overdosing on pills they got from a classmate.
According to the Grand Junction Police Department,
the incident happened just after 9:00 a.m. at the Dual Immersion Academy on Thursday morning.
Police say a 9–year–old girl and two 9–year–old boys were taken to the hospital after a male classmate gave them some unknown pills. The kids say they thought the pills were breath mints. Doctors at St. Mary's administered charcoal and say the students will be fine and released to their parents.
The student that handed out the pills did not take any himself. Police are investigating what kind of pills they were and how the student got them, but say they don't believe the child meant to hurt his friends. Police will be contacting the parents and speaking with the child.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.