Cooler night temperatures kick on an old furnace causing a Palisade home to ignite early Tuesday morning.
The fire happened at 150 E. 3rd Street. According to the Palisade Fire Department, the fire started just after 1:00 a.m. when an older gas furnace started up. The couple living in the home had just moved in and there were cardboard boxes and pictures sitting against the register that then caught fire.
Smoke detectors alerted the couple to the fire and they were able to get out safely. However, when firefighters arrived they kept trying to go back inside for personal belongings.
Damage to the home is estimated at $20,000.
The couple’s dog also survived the blaze.
It took crews about ten minutes to get the fire under control.
KKCO firmly believes in freedom of speech for all and we are happy to provide this forum for the community to share opinions and facts. We ask that commenters keep it clean, keep it truthful, stay on topic and be responsible. Comments left here do not necessarily represent the viewpoint of KKCO 11News.powered by Disqus
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.