A Clifton family returns from vacation to find their home has been gutted by a fire.
A water heater is being blamed for the house fire on E.5 Road which broke out before 6:00 Tuesday morning.
Clifton fire personnel did not see any flames upon arrival, but that soon changed as crews entered the home. Firefighters say because the house had been remodeled several times the flames were able to sneak into tight spaces making it hard to fight initially.
Nobody was home at the time of the fire, and the building's landlord did confirm that the family was on vacation.
The Red Cross has been notified to assist the family. Investigators say the damage from fire, smoke and water is in excess of $250,000. That amount does not include person contents.
KKCO firmly believes in freedom of speech for all and we are happy to provide this forum for the community to share opinions and facts. We ask that commenters keep it clean, keep it truthful, stay on topic and be responsible. Comments left here do not necessarily represent the viewpoint of KKCO 11News.powered by Disqus