Quick action by a neighbor saves a man's life in Grand Junction.
A fire broke out in a mobile home around 8:30 Tuesday night at a North Avenue trailer park. According to the Grand Junction Fire Department, a neighbor, Luis Bizarron saw smoke coming from the home in space B21 and was able to wake up the man inside.
Both made it to safety through the thick smoke, just before flames fully engulfed the home. Fire fighters were able to knock down the blaze fairly quickly and both the neighbor and the occupant were treated for minor smoke inhalation, but will be fine.
Damage to the home is estimated at about 30 thousand dollars and is considered a complete loss.
KKCO firmly believes in freedom of speech for all and we are happy to provide this forum for the community to share opinions and facts. We ask that commenters keep it clean, keep it truthful, stay on topic and be responsible. Comments left here do not necessarily represent the viewpoint of KKCO 11News.powered by Disqus
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or email@example.com.