Another Hazard of Cigarette Smoke

By: Kieran Wilson Email
By: Kieran Wilson Email

A cigarette ignites in a mobile home for the second time this week.

Clifton Fire Department responded to a call about a fire at around 12:30 this afternoon. The fire in the 500 block of 32 1/2 Road was phoned in by a neighbor who saw smoke coming out of the trailer.
The neighbor pounded on the door with no answer, a lit cigarette on a mattress ignited the fire.

Only a few days ago a man was pulled from a burning trailer, a fire also caused because of a burning cigarette. No one was injured in today's fire and damage is estimated at less than $ 1,000.


KKCO firmly believes in freedom of speech for all and we are happy to provide this forum for the community to share opinions and facts. We ask that commenters keep it clean, keep it truthful, stay on topic and be responsible. Comments left here do not necessarily represent the viewpoint of KKCO 11News.

powered by Disqus
KKCO NBC 11 News 2531 Blichmann Avenue Grand Junction, CO 81505 Station Phone: 970.243.1111 Business Fax: 970.243.1770 Newsroom Fax: 970.245.3793 News Tip & Contest Line: 970.255.8477
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 8785477