The Consumer Product Commission says nine million of Mattel's toys are affected and could pose health risks.
These toys have small magnets or lead paint. The magnets if swallowed could connect inside a child intestines and cause blockage. The lead paint is very poisonous.
No injuries have been reported at this time.
For now Mattel says no product will leave any facility, be in China or any other country, unless every batch of toys is tested.
For the list of toys go to the Links of your homepage.