Clifton camper goes up in flames

By  | 

CLIFTON, Colo. (KKCO) -- A family finishes final preparations to go camping and that is when they discovered their trailer was on fire.

Around 10:20 a.m., Clifton firefighters were called to the residence where the trailer was located.

According to fire officials, the owner of the camper was getting ready to drop off his animals at a friend's house before his camping trip and that is when he noticed the camper was on fire.

"We noticed some smoke, a little bit of fire, extinguished the fire. Currently at this time it's under investigation," said Todd Gettbehuet of the Clifton Fire Department.

There were no injuries and no one was inside the camper at the time of the fire. The trailer had smoke and fire damage.

The owners of the camper declined to comment.



Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus