GRAND JUNCTION, Colo (KKCO) -- A woman and her son escape with their pets after the roof of their home catches fire.
Authorities responded to the house on Quail Drive just before noon Sunday.
Four engines worked for 15 minutes to extinguish the fire, then spent another hour mopping up the scene.
The resident says there were Christmas decorations and business records stored in the attic, many of which are believed to have been lost.
Fortunately there were no injuries in the fire, and right now authorities believe an electrical problem ignited the flames.
The fire department advises people to watch the amount of things they store in their attics, as it can add fuel to a fire.
KKCO firmly believes in freedom of speech for all and we are happy to provide this forum for the community to share opinions and facts. We ask that commenters keep it clean, keep it truthful, stay on topic and be responsible. Comments left here do not necessarily represent the viewpoint of KKCO 11News.powered by Disqus
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or email@example.com.