Fire burns Country Inns' rooms and attic

By  | 

GRAND JUNCTION, Colo. (KKCO) -- Several guests at the Country Inns of America were evacuated just after midnight.

An early morning fire sparked on the second floor of the Horizon Drive hotel and quickly spread into the walls and attic of the building.

Five engines and 25 firefighters worked to extinguish the flames.

They were able to contain the fire to the walls, attic and two of the hotel rooms.

A few other rooms received water and smoke damage.

The guests who were evacuated were relocated to other rooms within the hotel. No one was injured, and the blaze is still under investigation.



Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus