Smoke rises from roof of local business

By  | 

GRAND JUNCTION, Colo. (KKCO) – Firefighters rush to investigate and extinguish an early morning fire at TurnKey Consulting.

Employees of the consulting firm at 2478 Patterson Road reported smoke around 7:30 Monday morning.

“When our folks got on scene, they noticed smoke coming from the roof, and then there as a light haze of smoke on the inside of the building,” said Grand Junction Fire Battalion Chief John Williams.

A crew climbed on the roof and discovered a fire had caught inside the heating/ventilation/air conditioning (HVAC) unit.

Williams says it was isolated to the motor itself; it didn’t spread beyond into the duct work or onto the roof itself. No one was hurt.

According to Williams, fires in HVAC systems usually start when birds nest in the units, and the dry sticks catch on fire. However, he says this fire was probably caused by an electrical issue.

There is no estimate on the damage cost at this point.



Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus