UPDATE: Two arrested after SWAT standoff on Glenwood Ave.

By  | 

GRAND JUNCTION, Colo. (KKCO) - Authorities have arrested two men in connection with the Sunday morning barricade situation.

Police arrested 43-year old Nathan Kennedy and 41-year old Aaron Kennedy Sunday afternoon.

Nathan Kennedy is facing charges including prohibited use of a weapon and obstructing officers.

Aaron Kennedy was booked for second degree assault, felony menacing, reckless endangerment, prohibited use of a weapon and obstructing officers.

The arrest documents and search warrants are being sealed. Police say they are not able to release any additional information - including booking photos - at this time.

KKCO 11 News will continue to update this story as we hear more information.


GRAND JUNCTION, Colo. (KKCO) - Two men are detained by police for questioning after early morning shots led to a barricade situation.

Just after 5 a.m. Sunday morning, police received calls about shots fired in the alley between the 700 blocks of Bunting and Glenwood Avenues.

Police say one of the suspects was asked to leave a house party. He did, but later returned with a second person and a gun.

This led to an altercation in the alley where shots were fired. Police say one shot hit a fence causing debris to break off and hit on person. The victim had minor injuries and was not taken to the hospital.

Police continued their investigation which led them to a home at 752 Glenwood Avenue where the suspect and other person were believed to be inside.

Police and SWAT team members surrounded the home and made several attempts to get the men to come out on their own. Around noon the two men finally came out.

Both are being detained for questioning, but so far no charges have been filed.


GRAND JUNCTION, Colo. (KKCO) – A shooting suspect is involved in a standoff against the Grand Junction SWAT team.

The incident started Sunday morning when police responded to reports of a shooting around 5 a.m. in the 700 block of Bunting.

Police say the suspect fired two shots, one hitting a fence. Debris from the shot hit a person, but the victim was not hospitalized.

Police and SWAT are currently outside of a home in the 700 block of Glenwood Avenue, where they believe the suspect is hiding out. Residents in the area have been instructed to not leave their houses.

Officers are diverting traffic in the area. This case is still under investigation and crews are on scene. We’ll continue to update this story as hear more information.

Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station. powered by Disqus