GJFD responds to trailer fire behind home

By: Courtney Carter Email
By: Courtney Carter Email

Grand Junction, Colo. – The Grand Junction Fire Department responded to a report of a structure fire at 371 Rosevale Road this morning. It turned out that the fire was in a trailer behind the residence.

At exactly 6:17 a.m., crews arrived on scene and were able to get the owner out of the trailer in time. It took firefighters approximately 30 minutes to completely extinguish the fire and it did not spread. The trailer was a complete loss and damage is estimated to be approximately $7,500.

The cause of the fire was determined to be a blanket that caught on fire from a nearby space heater. The National Fire Protection Association (NTPA) recommends a 3-foot around space heaters and to turn off the heaters when leaving the room where they are located.

No one was injured.


KKCO firmly believes in freedom of speech for all and we are happy to provide this forum for the community to share opinions and facts. We ask that commenters keep it clean, keep it truthful, stay on topic and be responsible. Comments left here do not necessarily represent the viewpoint of KKCO 11News.

powered by Disqus
KKCO NBC 11 News 2531 Blichmann Avenue Grand Junction, CO 81505 Station Phone: 970.243.1111 Business Fax: 970.243.1770 Newsroom Fax: 970.245.3793 News Tip & Contest Line: 970.255.8477
Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 239754131 - nbc11news.com/a?a=239754131
Gray Television, Inc.