GRAND JUNCTION, Colo. According to the Grand Junction Police Department an attempt to make marijuana butane hash oil sparked an explosion sending two people to the hospital on Sunday.
The explosion also created a small fire that was extinguished before emergency personnel arrived on scene. Officials also found marijuana in the room, however the scene did not present any hazardous materials concern.
Similar explosions have been reported in several cities across the country, including incidents on the Front Range. Lit cigarettes, static electricity, and even light switches are a few examples of potential ignition sources.
Currently the GJPD is investigating the incident at the Monument Inn as a possible arson, along with other possible charges.