GRAND JUNCTION, Colo. (KKCO) – In one week, thousands of ghoulish girls and boys will seek to fill their bags with candy Halloween night.
But with recent events like the death of Jessica Ridgeway, parents are looking for places where their kids can stay safe while having fun.
Here is a few events across the county that offer alternatives to trick or treating in random neighborhoods on Oct. 31:
Trick or Treat Street at the Mesa Mall
- 5 - 7 p.m.
- Kids 12 and under can get candy.
- 6:30 - 8 p.m.
- Starts at Pinyon Hall, 12th and Mesa
- Students will walk kids around campus as they get candy at the residence halls.
- Creative Avenues, 835 N. 26th St.
- 5 - 8 p.m.
- For ages 3-10, activities, snacks, spooky maze treasure hunt, games, crafts and face painting.
Trick or Treat Street
- Downtown Fruita, Aspen Ave.
- 3 - 5 p.m.
- Businesses will open their doors for trick or treaters to grab some goodies.